Kids are so tuned into our moods-so when we get cranky we gotta do something ’bout that.
Start by being realistic. Keep your self care practices short and simple, like this breath practice.
Choose a spot that isn’t covered in legos, burp cloths, or animal hair. Whatever-let’s be real.
Set timer for 5 minutes to take off any irritable edges of “one more thing to do”. The point is to do it and get it done. Like the dishes, yo.
- Get as comfortable as your stiff nursing, baby wearing shoulders and tight IT band will allow.
- Become aware of YOUR body, not the ones attached to, or crawling all over you. Use your supermom listening skills like when you check in on your napping baby.
- Focus on your inhales and exhales, not the baby’s.
- Just keep your attention on your breath. Your Breath, not Sore Breasts.
- Anything and everything you observe about your breath counts, and there is no right or wrong way.
- Try not to induce panic at this point.
- Say to yourself: my breathing is deep enough and good enough.
- Say to yourself: I’ve so got this.
Keep redirecting your thoughts back to your breath until your timer goes off, the shit hits the fan, or at least until your cranky gets turned down a few notches.
There’s a free library of super short guided home yoga and relaxation practices waiting for YOU! sign up on my online teaching platform. No credit card needed, no obligation, just relaxation.
Download my free meditation!
Add your email and get my free guided relaxation audio download and my occasional newsletter sharing what's new!