Kids are so tuned into our moods-so when we get cranky we gotta do something 'bout that. Start by being realistic. Keep your self care practices short and simple, like this breath practice. Choose a spot that isn't covered in legos, burp cloths, or animal hair. Whatever-let's be real. Set timer for 5 minutes to take off any irritable edges of "one more thing to do". The point is to do it and get it done. Like the dishes, yo.
- Get as comfortable as your stiff nursing, baby wearing shoulders and tight IT band will allow.
- Become aware of YOUR body, not the ones attached to, or crawling all over you. Use your supermom listening skills like when you check in on your napping baby.
- Focus on your inhales and exhales, not the baby's.
- Just keep your attention on your breath. Your Breath, not Sore Breasts.
- Anything and everything you observe about your breath counts, and there is no right or wrong way.
- Try not to induce panic at this point.
- Say to yourself: my breathing is deep enough and good enough.
- Say to yourself: I've so got this.